Saturday, February 7, 2009

Technology Students Survey


I recently had the opportunity to survey my students on their access to technology both in and outside of school. I was only going to survey one or two of my classes, but when I saw how different the data was after the first two, I decided to survey all my students.

About five years ago, I did a similar survey with many of the same students when I was their elementary teacher. I was curious to see what had changed. Much has changed in that small amount of time. A link is provided to my brief podcast on YouTube.com about my findings. You may also watch the video via this blog.

Technology changes our world almost daily, yet our schools struggle to keep up. It is difficult to say just exactly what it will take to get our students using 21st century tools in the classroom. I guess if I had that answer, I wouldn't be a middle school music teacher. I just hope I can do my small part to provide my students access to these tools.


Survey Podcast listed on YouTube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbaHpipYFH4


Watch Survey Podcast here:

No comments: