Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Kerry Seip and I am a music teacher. I have taught all grade levels and a good variety of subjects. Even though I'm not working in elementary rignt now, my favorite grades to teach are second and fifth grade. They are so full of joy and have a great zest for life. Eighth graders and high schoolers are slowly starting to grow on me. But my elementary kiddos are still my favorite.

I am fortunate to be married to my biggest collaborator and my best friend. My husband Todd is also a music teacher and just about the nicest man in the world. We have been married 17 years. We have two amazing children who daily teach us about living. Our daughter Kai Lin is five years old and sings, dances, laughs, runs hard, plays fast and can light up any room with her smile and twinkling eyes. Our son Li Hong is "almost five" and is an architect, engineer, rollercoaster designer, poet, storyteller, producer and loves chicken and french fries that come with a toy. Their tiny presence in our lives keeps us running non stop and remind us just how lucky we are.

My current teaching assignment is middle school music. My school has just over 300 students and I have 75 in two choir classes, 50 in two band classes, 25 in drama and 18 in piano. That is well over half the school! But I have room for a few more! I am also the color guard coach for a local four-time state champ high school marching band. Growing up, I never wanted to be a teacher. But now that I have been one for over 11 years, it is where I belong. I love music. But more importantly, I want to share that love of music with the next generation.

Currently, Todd and I are working on our Masters degrees in Integrating Technology into the Classroom. Our classes are through Walden University. This blog has been created as a place to share insight into the impact technology can have in the classroom today and in the future. Check back often for new information. Better yet, sign up for the RSS feed for my blog and stay up-to-date with all the changes as they happen. Please feel free to leave a comment as well as any great links related to music and technology. I am always looking for the latest and greatest so that I can give my students the best education I know how to give.

3 comments:

Kerry Seip said...

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and comments.

Please be sure to leave your name and blog or email info.

Thank you! Kerry

Anonymous said...

Love you site and your family picture.

deborahthomas5.blogspot.com

deborah.thomas5 said...

I am having difficulty getting the comments to post on some sites. Yours seems to be accepting what I post, so this is just for practice since I am in your assigned group.

I am looking forward to your Blog Idea for your classroom.
Thanks!!